CRAFT offers editorial feedback on creative prose up to 6,000 words. We've carefully chosen a team of qualified editors to provide critique.
For each piece sent through this editorial feedback category, we will return to the writer line-level editorial notes, as well as a global letter discussing the strengths of the writing and the recommended focus for revision. While editorial feedback is inherently subjective, our criticism will always be actionable and encouraging.
We intend to provide our feedback in a timely way, and hope to keep our response time under twelve weeks. We may decide to close this form in a given month once we have reached our editors' capacity to complete feedback that month. If this form is closed temporarily, it will reopen the first of the next month.
All work sent through this editorial feedback platform will also be considered for publication in CRAFT. Should we accept your work, the feedback fee will be refunded.
If you have questions about submissions, please send an email to: contact (at) craftliterary (dot) com
- Flash Fiction / Flash CNF up to 1,000 Words (one flash piece or up to three micro* pieces totaling fewer than 1,000 words): $59
- Short Story / Essay 1,000 to 3,500 Words (one piece): $79
- Short Story / Essay 3,500 to 6,000 Words (one piece): $99
*For our purposes, micros should be about 300 words maximum apiece, please. Include all three micros in ONE document.
How you can help us when sending work for our review:
- Please send only .doc or .docx if possible, so that we can use MS Word's Track Changes for marginal notes.
- Please double-space and use Times New Roman 12.
- CRAFT Editorial Feedback is open to all prose writers.
- Fiction or creative nonfiction only.
- International submissions are welcome
- Please submit work primarily written in English, but conceptually or stylistically necessary codeswitching is warmly welcomed.
- 6,000 word count maximum—short prose only.
- If sending up to three micros, include all pieces in ONE document.
- Work that has received editorial feedback is not eligible for submission to CRAFT contests.
- We strongly discourage simultaneous submissions in conjunction with editorial feedback. If your piece is already under review by our team and you withdraw it, we will not be able to offer a refund. If you withdraw your piece before we have begun feedback, we will be happy to let you substitute another story of equal length.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, disability, family status, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation, or for any other reason.
- Additionally, we do not tolerate discrimination in the writing we consider for publication. Work we find discriminatory on any of the bases stated here will be declined without complete review (you will be refunded, less fees).